This page describes the system requirements of BashSupport Pro.
BashSupport Pro is an extension of JetBrains IDE. Therefore, you need a JetBrains IDE to use it. There are free and paid editions of JetBrains' products.
You need version 2020.1 or later.
The installation guide of IntelliJ IDEA serves as an example how to install and configure your IDE.
- IntelliJ Community
- PyCharm Community
- Android Studio uses the same platform as JetBrains' products, although it’s not developed by JetBrains itself. Version 4.1 or later is supported.
macOS, Linux and Windows are supported.
macOS 10.11 or later is supported, on Intel or Apple Silicon platforms. Universal binaries of ShellCheck and shfmt are bundled with BashSupport Pro.
Linux is fully supported, of course. BashSupport Pro bundles ShellCheck and shfmt binaries for AMD 64 bit (
x86_64) and ARM 64 bit (
There’s partial support for IBM Power PC (
ppc64le): debugging and formatting should be working well, but you’ll have to install your own binary of ShellCheck.
A 64-bit version of Windows 7 or later is required. The Bash engines of WSL 1, WSL 2, MSYS Git, and Cygwin are supported. Paths to files are automatically mapped for the engine you choose. The plugin is automatically detecting Bash executables at common installation locations.
BashSupport Pro integrates with other plugins to provide a more complete experience.
Most of the following plugins are already bundled with your IDE. Please make sure to install and enable the plugins you need, if that’s not already the case.
- Makefile Language with smarter and more powerful support for Bash snippets of Makefile files.
- JetBrains Markdown with support for Bash language injection into code blocks.
- YAML with language injection into files of Travis CI and Codefresh.
- Copyright to allow Copyright headers in Bash files.
- Terminal to allow executing scripts and run configurations inside a terminal window.
- IntelliLang for extended support for language injection.
- Markdown Navigator Enhanced for Bash language injection with this alternative Markdown plugin.
- Rainbow Brackets for colorful rainbow brackets inside Bash files.