Software used by BashSupport Pro
BashSupport Pro wouldn’t be possible without a strong foundation of open–source software. The bundled or used software is listed here.
- bashdb (standalone software, bundled)
- © 2003, 2006–2007, 2016 Rocky Bernstein
- GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
- bashdb is a wonderful piece of software. It provides the foundation for the debugger integration. BashSupport Pro bundles versions 4.4 and 5.0 of bashdb. These versions are slightly modified to improve interoperability with BashSupport Pro. Most of the changes were already submitted to the SourceForge project page.
All changes are available online:
- bats-core (standalone software, bundled)
- © 2017-2020 bats-core organization, © 2011-2016 Sam Stephenson
- MIT style license
- bats-core is a great system to automate tests of Shell and Bash scripts. BashSupport Pro bundles a slightly customized version to improve interoperability with BashSupport Pro.
All changes are available online: github.com/BashSupport-Pro/bats-core/tree/bashsupport-pro.
- ShellCheck (standalone software, bundled)
- © 2012-2020 Vidar ‘koala_man’ Holen and contributors.
- GNU General Public License v3.0
- ShellCheck is an immensely powerful software to locate and fix issues with your shell scripts. ShellCheck binaries, sources, and license are bundled with BashSupport Pro. The binaries are build from the unmodified sources.
The source repository for the builds is github.com/BashSupport-Pro/shellcheck
- shfmt (standalone software, bundled)
- © 2016-2020, Daniel Martí. All rights reserved.
- BSD 3-clause License
- shfmt is part of a wonderful, powerful toolset to work with Shell scripts. shfmt binaries are bundled with BashSupport Pro. The binaries are build from the unmodified sources.
The source repository for the builds is github.com/BashSupport-Pro/sh.
- pty4j (library, bundled)
- Eclipse Public License, version 1.0
- pty4j is JetBrains’s library to implement pseudo terminal devices on Linux, macOS and Windows. The included library is a slightly modified version implement a separate PTY for the bashdb command control.
All changes are available online: github.com/BashSupport-Pro/pty4j.
- intellij-makefile (plugin, not bundled)
- © 2016 Victor Kropp
- MIT License
- intellij-makefile is a great plugin, which adds support for Makefiles to your IDE. BashSupport is using code of intellij-makefile to highlight shell code in Makefiles.
- The license and copyright notice is bundled with each download of BashSupport Pro.
- JetBrains Shell (plugin, not bundled)
- © 2000-2021 JetBrains s.r.o.
- Apache License 2.0
- This is JetBrains' shell script plugin. Originally, BashSupport Pro forked this plugin. BashSupport Pro still uses some of the code, but most source code has been rewritten, replaced or dropped.
- The source code is not provided, as the license terms do not require the redistribution of the source code.
- The plugin’s zip file carries a note in its NOTICE file, as requested by the license terms.